Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! WILL YOU…PROTECT THIS HOUSE?!
The Store Operations Professional – Communication/training will drive communication and training to our retail stores. The Store Operations Professional will be a key player on the team that supports stores and acts as a liaison between the UA retail HQ, Learning and Development and the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support team in developing, launching and managing store communications systems to ensure a smooth communication between HQ and stores:
- Drive the development, management and training of the store communications systems (Clipboard).
- Development of weekly performance and task updates (Weekly Game Plan) needed to drive the business.
- Direct and support stores with any communications system issues or needs.
- Support the team in the management of the retail communications strategy.
- Support the team in developing, launching, managing store training materials and managing and provide training for the online training platform to ensure fully trained store teams on key elements like New Store Opening, Division Of Responsibilities (DOR), product and customer service:
- Drive the development and management of seasonal product training materials (eg Play Cards) and platform (Armour U2).
- Direct and support stores with any training system issues or needs.
- Support the team in the management of the retail training strategy and training calendar.
- Organize the seasonal in-region Store Managers Meeting (SMM).
- Manage SMM planning, agenda and content.
- Organize Store Managers travel.
- Create, run, and maintain daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual reports specific to areas of responsibility.
- Support team in retail store invoice processing.
- Special Projects, as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- CONSISTENTLY WORKS TOWARD PRODUCING RESULTS AT THE FUNCTIONAL TEAM LEVEL
- Accountable for producing to functional area timelines
- Responsible for their own execution
- Sets stretch personal goals and achieves them
- Inspires confidence that they will deliver. Done!Done!Done!
- Goes the extra mile to ensure the functional team’s success
- Takes direction and makes a project their own
- LIVES AND INSPIRES THE UNDER ARMOUR CULTURE THROUGHOUT THE COMPANY
- Embraces the Company values in their everyday interactions
- Inspires the values in their peers
- Commits time and energy to the success of the Company
- A good team player
- ASSISTS IN EXECUTING ON A STRATEGIC PLAN THAT CREATES A UNIQUE ADVANTAGE FOR UA IN THE MARKETPLACE
- Familiar with more complex concepts and possesses advanced skills and functional understanding of the subject matter and technical requirements of the relevant functional area
- Improves performance by gaining knowledge and experience of associated areas through job contacts and training
- Suggests ideas that focus on improving costs and process efficiency
- HAS MANAGER/DIRECTOR’S AS WELL AS THEIR TEAM’S TRUST
- Delivers what is promised
- Contributes to the functions goals through individual and/or team effort
- Impacts functional team by providing support
- Understands how his/her role fits into the functional team’s goals
- SHOWS INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY IN EVERY TASK THEY ARE ASKED TO PERFORM
- Seeks to not only perform the task but understand the purpose of the task
- Demonstrated effort to understand processes outside their immediate area
- Performs task well with an attention to detail
- Understands and appreciates the value their task adds to goal achievement
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passion for the UA brand; must embody the UA culture and believe in the company spirit
- Independent; self-starter; self-sufficient.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to communicate down, across and up within the organization.
- Strong analytical & organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills- ability to build partnerships.
- Must be highly skilled with MS Office programs (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Sway etc.)
- Thorough understanding of retail operations to include inventory control, retail systems, budgeting, expense management and business planning.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (or similar).
- 2 – 4 years retail experience in the field of communications and/or training.
- Ideally has a background in retail store management.
- Experience with communication/training systems.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects.
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category